~ ~ ~ Rally Update as at 15th May 2020 ~ ~ ~
Following on from our advice in the recent SOLOS newsletter (April
2020), and the obvious movement towards a further gradual removal of
COVID restrictions, we can now give a more up to date picture of where
we may be heading in the months ahead.
Planning for our Blackbutt Rally in November is continuing and we
are optimistic that this will go ahead, but we are mindful that things
can change quickly in these uncertain times. The Rally Registration form
is going through its final check and will be released via /The
Wanderer /and our website in early June. A copy will also be sent out by
email and a notice put on Facebook that it is available.
If Blackbutt is postponed, we are looking for the rally to be
re-scheduled to run during the period 27th April to 18th May 2021. If
there is no postponement then we will have a gap in about 12 months time
to fill. If a Solos Rally cannot be organised in that time frame, it
is possible that we could look at staging one or two Bush Camps on the
East coast to fill this - more on this later.
The possibility of returning to Alice Springs is still on the table
for June 2022 and this would coincide with a CMCA rally in WA being
planned for the spring (and the wild flower season).
We are continuing to look at a possible Solos rally in the spring of 2021 for Victoria.
As we have said previously - this all depends on travel restrictions
and border controls allowing a greater freedom of travel. In the
meantime stay safe.
Rally Liaison Officer